Monday, August 20, 2012

I haven't been reading ANYTHING!

It's true. There are a few books I'd really like to be reading right now, but all my time has been taken up with my NEW JOB!! Last week I was hired as the new 5th grade teacher in Frederick County, at Green Valley Elementary. I'm so excited to be getting my classroom ready. The first year in a new room is more complicated because you have to figure out what all you need and where it will all go, the best routines and procedures for the classroom space and work the curriculum requirements into a new schedule. Despite all this, I'm actually not stressing. I'M JUST SO EXCITED! This really feels like a good place for me - the town the school, all of it. Even looking for an apartment and a barn isn't stressing me out... yet. Depending on how that goes, my level of stress is bound to fluctuate. But I know I'll survive and the right thing always falls into place with time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment